Happy Women’s Fiction Day! Women’s fiction is near and dear to my heart, so of course I said I’d participate again this year.
To help commemorate the day, I will be holding a GIVEAWAY!
That’s right. One lucky winner from the United States will win a signed paperback copy of Rewrite the Stars, a bookmark and custom cocktail card, and some Walloon Lake swag (to be determined).
All you have to do is fill out this form to enter!
I’ll pick the winners at random by noon ET on June 9.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at via my contact page or email me at email@example.com. And to learn more about the Women’s Fiction Writers Association (WFWA) and what the day entails, read on for the press release.
Women’s Fiction Writers Association Celebrates 4th Annual Women’s Fiction Day on June 8
Day Promotes Authors and Genre that Consistently Tops Bookseller Charts
June 1, 2022 – The Women’s Fiction Writers Association (WFWA), a non-profit association dedicated to supporting authors of women’s fiction, will hold its 4th annual Women’s Fiction Day on June 8, 2022.
Women’s Fiction Day celebrates women’s fiction authors, novels, publishers, book sellers, and most importantly, readers who appreciate women’s fiction and the power of a great story. This year for Women’s Fiction Day, members across the country will hold book signings to engage and connect with readers.
“Authors love connecting with readers, and the last couple of years have been difficult all around,” said WFWA President Jacki Kelly. “Seeing a glimmer of hope on the horizon, this year we’re working with our members to celebrate Women’s Fiction Day both in person and online.”
WFWA is working with its 1,800 members across the country and internationally to hold a day of book events both online and in person on June 8.
What Is Women’s Fiction?
Women’s fiction is a writing genre that includes layered stories in which the plot is driven by the main character’s emotional journey. The stories can be contemporary or historical, and may have magical, mystery, thriller, romance, or other elements.
Ways to Celebrate Women’s Fiction Day
- Visit www.womensfictionwriters.org and search the list of authors offering free books and giveaways.
- Attend one of the many book signings held across the country on June 8.
- Visit www.womensfictionwriters.org and subscribe to the free Read ON! Newsletter where we’ll keep you up-to-date on new women’s fiction authors and titles.
- Visit the WFWA Goodreads bookshelf and Pinterest boards to find hundreds of titles.
- Download the Hear Us Roar debut authors podcast
- Visit your local library and/or indie bookstore to discover new authors and novels.
- Follow WFWA on Twitter @WF_Writers or Instagram @womensfictionwriters.
- On social media, #bookstagram your favorite book and include a photo or stack with #womensfictionday.
About The Women’s Fiction Writers Association (WFWA)
The Women’s Fiction Writers Association (WFWA) was founded in 2013 as a professional, non-profit organization for women’s fiction writers and publishing professionals. With more than Eighteen-hundred international members and growing, WFWA is the premier organization for Women’s Fiction. WFWA fosters an online community of inclusion and opportunity, and provides resources, professional development, networking, and support for aspiring, debut, and published women’s fiction authors. Learn more at www.womensfictionwriters.org. Twitter: @WF_Writers Instagram: @womensfictionwriters