I sat down on Wednesday night to some fabulous news. No, I don’t have a literary agent, nor did I find myself the recipient of a new front porch. But I found out that the Funko Pop company is making a Bob Ross Figurine. Yes, that’s right, I can now have Bob Ross sitting on the ledge of my kitchen window to help keep me happy every day. EVERY. DAY.
Which got me thinking about Bob Ross and his titanium white paint and happy trees, and all the wonderful quotes he uttered all those years ago. So this happy Friday, let’s take a little trip down memory lane with some of my favorites . . .
- Lets build a happy little cloud. Lets build some happy little trees.
- We don’t make mistakes, we just have happy accidents.
- There’s nothing in the world that breeds success like success.
- I guess I’m a little weird. I like to talk to trees and animals. That’s okay though; I have more fun than most people.
- Talent is a pursued interest. Anything that you’re willing to practice, you can do.
- You have unlimited power on this canvas — can literally, literally move mountains.
- Anything that you believe you can do strong enough, you can do. Anything. As long as you believe.
- All you need to paint is a few tools, a little instruction, and a vision in your mind.
- There’s nothing wrong with having a tree as a friend.
- Let’s get crazy.